Announcing an artist residency designed for these times of Covid-19 for visual artists, musicians, writers, architects, clay artists, performers, and other makers.
We’ve been brainstorming how to re-open the AIR program at ArteSumapaz. Back in March ‘20, we went into lockdown with 13 artists, and learned a lot in the process. We believe that a key part of the AIR experience is the commensality – those wonderful conversations we have while sharing a glass of wine and a good meal. Thus, the idea of these new restrictions are daunting; yet needed for going forward in the near future.
So, how will these new residencies be different from other types of residencies?
- Travel to Colombia now requires proof of vaccination.
- Minimum residency length: Four to Twelve weeks; coordinated arrival dates help us take care of everyone. Limited space available.
- ALL residencies begin at the beginning of the month.
- Fees: The fee per artist are:
Private Room and bath: $775 US per four weeks, which includes all meals, private room and bath, and private or shared studio space.
Shared Room and bath: $625 US per four weeks, which includes all meals, private room and bath, and private or shared studio space.
- Artists are responsible for their own materials and transportation to and from ArteSumapaz. We have a special car and driver available for pickups from El Dorado Airport in Bogotá for about $80 US.
- Space for partners and children available: we always welcome partners and children, as well as groups such as music groups. Please inquire about fees.
- Please note that residents are expected to help post-meal cleanup and to help maintain sustainable practices such as recycling and energy conservation.
OR – If you have any questions before applying, feel free to send us an email.