There are five ongoing Artists in Residencies (AIRs) at ArteSumapaz, from two to four weeks each, or even longer. The application is available here.
Spacious Studio with natural light
The artists in the ArteSumapaz AIR program are provided space in our hundred-year-old hacienda in which to live and work. The artists-in-residents may contribute to the alternative school by giving workshops, classes, “open crit” sessions (group discussions about the student´s art), or one-on-one discussions.
Guests are offered vegetarian meals, or they may use the kitchen themselves.
If you have any questions, feel free to email the program director at AIR@ArteSumapaz.org.
Disciplines and media
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Textile Art
- Painting and drawing
Duration of residencies
Expenses paid by artist
- Residency fee of $700 for four weeks, or $400 for two weeks. (after April 1, $750 per month)
Expectations of the artist
- During school sessions, artists are invited to participate in the “open crit” sessions of the school.
Expenses paid by the organization
- By Committee
Presentation of artists’ work
- Arranged on a case-by-case basis
- Internet Connection
- Dance / Performance Practice Space
- Musical Instruments – particularly percussion
Type and size of studios
- Communal Studio
- Private Room
Other activities happening at the space